Attending a conference can be exciting, with top speakers, opportunities to create meaningful relationships, and deep dive sessions. You might have been looking forward to it, marking the event on your calendar and counting down the days. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has pressed the pause button on many of these major events. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention warned that large gatherings (such as conferences where it can be difficult to socially distance) pose the highest risk for the spread of the virus.
We compiled a list of upcoming major conferences and events that were cancelled, rescheduled, or shifted to remote (which means you can attend from your living room!) due to COVID-19. Take a look to check the latest status of these events.
If you booked a hotel room through the company’s hotel block, check the event’s FAQ page or call the hotel directly. Most of these companies have already released the reservations for their events. If you booked your hotel on your own, please contact NexTravel Support directly - we’re happy to help!
Major Conferences being Canceled or Rescheduled:
Gartner Data & Analytics Summit
The Gartner Data & Analytics Summits, scheduled to take place in London, UK on September 9-11, 2020, and in Grapevine, TX on September 21 – 24, 2020, have been canceled. However, the Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo is planned to be held as scheduled on October 18-22, 2020 in Orlando, FL.
Google Cloud Next ‘20
This Google Cloud conference, initially planned to take place in San Francisco April 6–8, has pivoted from a physical event to a nine-week, all-digital event series, starting July 14. It has also been renamed “Google Cloud Next ’20: OnAir,” and will feature fresh content delivered weekly, including keynotes, breakout sessions, learning opportunities, Q&A, and 1:1 interactions with Google Experts.
The Summer Olympics
After careful consideration of health concerns posed by the pandemic, the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo has been rescheduled to July 23–August 8, 2021.
Atlassian Summit 2020
Dell World, scheduled to take place on May 4-7 in Las Vegas, was rescheduled for a virtual experience in October 2020.
Conferences Changed to Virtual Mode:
- Apple WWDC (June 22-26 in San Jose) - Virtual event to occur same dates as scheduled
- Atlassian Summit 2020 (March 30-April 2 in Las Vegas) - Virtual events to occur throughout 2020
- Dell World (May 4-7 in Las Vegas) - Virtual event scheduled for October 2020
- DrupalCon (May 18-22 in Minneapolis) - Virtual event scheduled for July 14-17, 2020
- EmTech Asia (March 24-26 in Singapore) - Virtual event scheduled for August 4-6, 2020
- Enterprise Connect 2020 (March 30-April 2 in Orlando) - Virtual event scheduled for August 3-6, 2020
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) (March 16-20 in San Francisco) - Virtual event scheduled for August 4-6, 2020
- Google Cloud Next (April 6-8 in San Francisco) - Virtual events scheduled for nine weeks, starting July 14, 2020
- HPE Discover (June 23-25 in Las Vegas) - Virtual event scheduled for June 23-24, 2020
- Microsoft Ignite (September 21-25 in New Orleans) - Virtual event scheduled for September 2020
- O'Reilly Strata Data & AI Conference (March 15-18 in San Jose) - Virtual event to be merged with Strata Data & AI scheduled for September 14–17
- SaaStr Annual 2020 (March 10-12 in San Jose) - Virtual event scheduled for September 2-3, 2020
- Salesforce Dreamforce (November 9-12 in San Francisco) - Virtual event TBD
- Salesforce Tableau Conference (November 12-15 in Las Vegas) - Virtual event TBD
- Salesforce TrailheaDX (June 9-10 in San Francisco) - Virtual event scheduled for June 25, 2020
- TED2020 (April 20-24 in Vancouver) - Virtual events scheduled for May 18-July 10, 2020
- VMworld (August 30-September 3 in San Francisco) - Virtual event to occur same dates as scheduled
Conferences Rescheduled to a Later Date:
- Black Hat Asia 2020 (March 31-April 3 in Singapore) - Rescheduled for September 29 - October 2, 2020
- DEF CON China (April 17-19 in Beijing) - Postponed, rescheduled date TBD
- Future Vision: DTG Summit 2020 (May 6 in London) - Rescheduled for October 5, 2020
- Ingram Micro Cloud Cloud Summit 2020 (May 12-14 in Miami Beach) - Postponed until early 2021
- IoT World Developer Conference (April 6-9 in San Jose) - Rescheduled for August 10-13, 2020
- Kaspersky's Security Analyst Summit (April 6-9 in Barcelona) - Rescheduled for April 14-17, 2021
- MSPWorld (March 15-17 in New Orleans) - Rescheduled for September 30-October 2, 2020
- Oracle Modern Business Experience (March 23-26 in Chicago) - Rescheduled for September 21-24, 2020 in Las Vegas to coincide with OpenWorld
- Paris Blockchain Week Summit (March 31-April 1 in Paris) - Rescheduled for December 9-10, 2020
- Qualtrics X4 Summit (March 10-13 in Salt Lake City) - Postponed to early Fall 2020
- SaaS Connect - Cloud Software Association (April 15-16 in San Francisco) - Rescheduled for October 5-6, 2020
- TNW Conference (June 18-19 in Amsterdam) - Rescheduled for October 1-2, 2020
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (July 24-August 9 in Tokyo) - Rescheduled for July 23 - August 8, 2021
Conferences to be Held as Scheduled:
- Gartner CIO Symposium/ITxPo (October 18-22 in Orlando)
- Infor Inforum 2020 (September 15-16 in Las Vegas)
- Mobile World Congress MWC Los Angeles (GSMA) (October 28-30 in Los Angeles)
- Oracle Code One (September 21-24 in Las Vegas)
- Oracle OpenWorld (September 21-24 in Las Vegas)